Worldwide Service Parts Operations Carestream Health
Randal Hill has 42 years experience in manufacturing and supply chain experience. He started out in manufacturing were he became a APICs certified planner at Eastman Kodak. During his time with Kodak, he joined the Service Parts Division where he managed their 3PL network of over 90 Forward Stocking locations in the US.
In 2007 he took a role as the WW Service Parts Operations Manager for Carestream Health located in Rochester NY. Here he led multiple improvement projects including:
• Implemented installed base planning for Field Engineer trunk inventory in the US
• Implemented Installed Base Planning in India for 19 Forward Stocking sites
• Implemented Demand Source Locater with the US call center to simplify and improve part ordering for field techs
• Implemented WW DC planning and forecasting at 4 warehouses for service parts
• Mentored 15 DC service parts planners and 2 field parts planners on using best practice for inventory management
• Developed a process for supplier forecasting resulting in reduce material lead time and inventory
• Implemented global DC planning (one planner managing multiple warehouses inventory in different countries
Randy is a Six Sigma Certified Black Belt, Six Sigma lean mentor and SAP subject matter expert in purchasing. In 2014 Randal was selected by Supply & Demand Chain Executive magazine as a 2014 Practitioner Pros to Know.
In his spare time Randal is an amateur photographer and videographer and enjoys traveling with his wife Diane and their two dogs in their Airstream travel trailer